Hi everyone! Happy wednesday!! I can’t believe it is the last day in January already.. Is it just me or did january feel like it was the longest month ever? New years feels so long ago, it’s so weird!!!
So, if you know me, you know that I love skincare. Some might even say I’m a little obsessed with it. I wanted to share with y’all what products I use for my skin, and how they work for me.
Let me just say that first, I would never promote any product that I do not love, or that I have not tried. None of these products are for a promotion or sponsored, these are just simply my REAL skin care products that I use in the mornings and nights.
Also, this is all of the stuff that works for ME, so if you try something and don’t like it, then sorry.. Haha
Every product will be linked under it’s picture, so you can just easily click on the link to see more about it, or buy it!
1. I usually workout in the mornings, so I shower after. When I shower (and every time I wash my face) I always use my absolute FAVORITE face wash ever- the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub. It makes my face feel so fresh after I use it, and my face just really feels cleansed. It has the little exfoliating beads in it, so it does a little exfoliating also. But, for me at least, because I do not have that sensitive of skin, it is not a harsh exfoliator that you can only use once a week or something. It is a very light, and gentle exfoliator, where it does just enough to make your face feel smooth.
2. When I shower, after I wash my body, I also use this Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (pictured& linked above) all over my body with this wooden exfoliator brush thing (anyone know what this is called? lol). This scrub smells SO good and makes my skin feel so soft after I shower.
3. After I get out of the shower, I use my Mario Badesco glycolic acid toner on my face. I really like this toner because I think it just makes my face feel fresh and clean before putting on my day serum and moisturizer.
4. Next I put on my day serum, which is this pur ceretin serum. It is an age-defying concentrate, and I love this products because it smooths out my face for the day and evens out the texture of my face.
5. Lastly, before I get going for the day, I put on my moisturizer. Right now in the mornings I’m using this Perricone MD face finishing moisturizer. This moisturizer has SPF 15 in it, which is a must for me in moisturizers. Moisturizers with SPF in them are so important, if there is one thing I learned from my dermatologist, because protecting your face from the sun at all times is crucial. After I put this on, I’m good to go for the day!
6. I don’t wear make-up everyday unless I’m doing something, so for the nights I have to take off my make-up I use this Estee Lauder “take it away” make-up remover lotion. I only use this on my eyes, and it takes my eye make-up off so stinking fast and easy that it just blows my mind. I just rub the lotion over my eyes, then rub a cotton ball over it to get the make-up off. You can use this lotion on your whole face to get your face make-up off also, but I just mentally feel like it does not work as good as wipes- that’s just me though. This lotion is kind of pricey, but this past summer I found a really good deal on Amazon to get 4 of these little lotions that are each 1 fl. Oz. for $17. I know they are small but they last FOREVER. Since this summer, I have only used 1 of them.
Then, to take my face make-up off, I use these Clinique “take the day off” micellar cleansing towelettes for face and eyes pictured/linked above. I just got these about a month ago, and let me tell you, I have never in my entire life used a better make-up removing wipe. Like these wipes get EVERY single bit of make-up off my face.
7. So… I do not use this face mask every night, but I use it maybe 2-3 nights a week, and I’m obsessed (shoutout to my friend Kat for showing this to me). It is Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with this Indian Healing Clay. You mix just a small amount of both together, and BAM, put it on your face, and leave it on for not longer than 20 minutes. Magnum says “are you putting concrete on your face tonight?” Lol. He says this because after about 10 minutes or so of having it on, and when the mask hardens, y’all.. It is HARD. It really is like concrete is on your face, and you cannot move a single feature. Not trying to scare y’all, just trying to warn you, hahaha. Also, you might feel your face pulsate a little bit, that is just the clay working on your face. So now that I probably made you scared of doing the face mask, let me just say how GOOD my face feels after. My face is a little red after, which is why I always do it before I go to bed. I seriously think it also clears any small breakouts I have, and it leaves my face feeling smooth for DAYS. I wouldn’t do it more than 2-3 times a week, or for longer than 20 minutes though because it could dry your face out. You can find both of these ingredients at most grocery stores for cheap.
8. If I am showering at night, which sometimes I do depending on when my friend Elizabeth and I workout, sometimes it is later in the day, then I use my same face wash and body scrub. When I get out of the shower, first thing I do is I spray my whole body with either of these Mario Badescu facial sprays. Also, sidenote, y’all, Magnum LOVES this stuff. Like he uses it everytime after he showers too, it’s so funny. Anyways, so I spray my whole body with this stuff because it feels good, and I do really know why else I do it. If it’s good for my face then it has to be good for my body also! Lol
9. Next, I put my lotion on. I was just putting on regular bath & body works lotion all over my body before I went to bed, until, my Aunt Janice got me this amazing Goat’s Milk Lotion for my birthday. Magnum and I are truly OBSESSED with this stuff, seriously obsessed. It smells SO good and lasts SO long!!!! Ugh it’s just so good, I can;t get over it.
For my feet and hands, I put on this Foot Nanny lotion pictured/linked above, in the scent of Jasmine (thanks mom for getting me hooked on this). It is a little pricey but SO stinking worth it, like you will never have dry hands or feet again.
10. Okay… so for my night time face care routine I’ve been using these Estee Lauder skin care products and they are so great. I really notice a difference in the texture, and tightness of my face when I wake up. I start with washing my face with this Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam. Next, I put on the Advanced Night Repair serum, then I put the Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate on my under eyes, and I wake up with NO bags under my eyes!!! It’s so awesome. I then finish off with putting on the Revitalizing Supreme moisturizer.
11. Lastly, I don’t know if your lips count as skin care, but I wanted to share this with you guys anyways because I LOVE this stuff and it truly works. SInce it’s winter, out lips and skin get way more dry than usual, so I put this Aquaphor Advanced Therapy healing ointment on my lips every time after I brush my teeth. This stuff is my GO. TO. I know it doesn’t say it’s a “chapstick” or for “lips” necessarily, but my dermatologist told me about this using this for my lips like 6 years ago when I was taking a medicine that dried my lips out, and it is sooooo great and works magic on your chapped lips. It is a gel, and feels just like chapstick on your lips (but better). You can find this at any grocery store usually or drug store for like $5, and I highly recommend it.
That’s all! I always tell Magnum, “I never think I’m high maintenance until I look at all my skin care.” He laughs and tells me how I am high maintenance (whatever). 😉
Thank you guys for reading!!! I had so much fun writing this post, and if y’all use any of the products and like them (or don’t I guess), then I would love to hear it!! Also, if you want to recommend any skin care products to me that you love, I would also like to hear. I’m always open to trying out new skin care.
Leave a comment letting me know what you think!!
Have a blessed day guys!